MAO Leawood Surgery Center is monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic closely and strives to provide each patient the safest environment possible. We continue to follow the Johnson County Kansas COVID-19 requirements and CDC guidelines.
· All patients and visitors are required to wear masks when entering the building and while in the surgery center suite.
· Currently, we are only allowing patients in the surgery center suite. Visitors are welcome to wait in their care or another location nearby.
· Please maintain a distance of 6 feet from other patients and staff members when possible.
· All patients will be screened during the pre-operative phone call and again on the day of surgery. Patients receiving general anesthesia and/or having aerosolizing procedures will be required to have a COVID-19 test with negative results prior to their procedure. Once patients have been determined negative for COVID-19, they should self-quarantine and limit any unnecessary exposure prior to surgery.
· Prior to surgery, patients should continue monitoring themselves for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (fever greater than 100.5 degrees, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell).
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms prior to or on the day of your surgery, please contact MAO Leawood Surgery Center immediately.